Design for Change Services can be utilized in a variety of ways. Following are some of the basic components…
Services Available on Hourly Basis:
- Consultations on…
- Space planning
- Furniture and accessory selection
- Wall or window treatments
- Shopping Assistance–hourly (advance estimate provided based on goals), or as part of package plan (below)
- Research–products, furnishings, materials, sources, prices, contractors (advance estimate provided based on goals), or as part of package plan (below)
- Referral–counseling and therapy; licensed contractors; other service providers–complimentary
DFC Design Plan Package
A Design Plan focuses upon an agreed upon space. This could be one room or several, and will be priced on a per room basis. The Design Plan Package will include many of the services listed above. A completed Design Plan provides the client with an easy-to-follow “toolkit” for creating their own Design For Change room(s). The Design Plan can also be bundled with a Design Plan Implementation agreement (see below) for comprehensive Design for Change service from start to finish.
The Design Plan is a custom product based upon the wishes of the client and includes establishment of a color palette, and an overall feeling for the room (or rooms). Your Design Plan will come complete with accurately measured and drawn floor plans; recommended room arrangement; color samples; material samples; furniture images and sources (stores or showrooms), costs, etc; suggestions for accessorizing; and complete step-by-step instructions for carrying out your custom Design Plan.
Your completed Design Plan Package comes with design board, samples, scale drawings, step-by-step instructions and more, including:
- Paint colors or wall coverings;
- Ideas for window treatments which are based on client wishes for light and privacy;
- Floor coverings;
- Furniture recommendations including both new and existing pieces;
- A lighting plan;
- A floor plan drawn to scale outlining the proposed furniture and its placement;
- A design board with images of proposed changes as mentioned above including fabric swatches.;
- A list of all the proposed items to be purchased with the manufacturer and pricing information enabling the client to complete this project on their own if so desired.
DFC Design Plan Implementation
Not everyone wants to be a Do-It-Yourself-er! When you just want the finished result, Design for Change will put your Design Plan into action and get it done for you! Or we can do it together if you like. The point is, you don’t have to go it alone. Design Plan Implementation is a separately agreed upon service to make it easy for you, letting you be as involved or hands-off as you like.
A typical Design Plan Implementation includes (but may not be limited to):
- Shopping excursions (according to Design Plan)
- Room arrangements
- Project Management (contractors, scheduling, workflow, budget, etc)